Why The Okanagan
Why is Kelowna and the Okanagan so popular and growing?
Known as the California of Canada – Canada’s largest wine region with 120 + wineries – Canada’s “Napa Valley” for wine touring – Rolling hills with Peach, Apricot and Fruit Orchards – Sandy Beaches for boating and swimming – Hundreds of Lakes for fishing – Trails for hiking and exploring – warm dry climate – Great Restaurants – World class golfing – An outdoor paradise – Cycling mega trails – Winter skiing with amazing powder and Canadas best Cross Country Trails... Simply... How can it get better---
A fabulous lifestyle!
Total Okanagan population approx. 450,000
Any Questions about moving here, please give us a call, we would love to talk to you.
One of the best climates in Canada, dry warm summers and mild winters.
Central Okanagan average Temperatures :
- Average high temperature (summer): 28 C/84 F
- Average low temperature (winter): -8 C/16 F
- Average Hours of Sunshine: almost 2000 per year
- Average Rainfall: Approximately 30 cm/11in yearly
- Average Snowfall: 139.8cm/55in in the valleys (varies by city) and up to 644cm/253" in the mountain ( Silver Star and Big White )
Average monthly Temperature in Kelowna:
December 0 C/ 32 F July 28 C/82 F February 3 C / 37 F
Penticton has very similar temperatures like Kelowna, Vernon can vary from 1-2 degrees cooler than Kelowna or Penticton
Kelowna Airport Facts:
- 3rd busiest Airport in British Columbia, 11th largest Airport in Canada
- Record breaking 1.6 Mill passengers per year
- Fastest growing Airport in Canada
- Growth expected to 2.9 Mill in the next 10-15 years
- New Masterplan for 2025 in place due to highest growth
- Growth with new routes and flight frequencies
- Approx. 15 direct flights per day from Vancouver and 15 from Calgary
- Many International Flights, direct flights Toronto, USA, Mexico etc.
- Located North of Kelowna, close to Lake Country and Vernon
UBC Okanagan Facts:
An incredible University located just outside Kelowna.
- 8200 Students
- 500 Faculty Staff
- 1676 Campus beds
- Size: 516 acres ( 209) hectares
- UBC Medical School
- Annual research fund- 14.5 Mill research projects underway
- UBC O has its own Television station http://ubco.tv/
Detailed Community Information for each area:
About Kelowna: ( largest City )
About Lake Country: ( 3rd fastest growing community in BC )
About Vernon: ( 2nd largest City )
Okanagan relocation resources:
- WelcomeBC: Everything you need to know about immigrating to British Columbia
- City of Kelowna website
- City of Vernon website
- City of Penticton website
- WorkBC: Overview of the job search process and links to job-hunting resources in Vancouver and else where in British Columbia. For more job search resources, see Finding a Job.
- Invest British Columbia: Resources for entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Health Insurance BC: How to apply for health insurance in British Columbia
- Okanagan schools: Central Okanagan School District #23 (Kelowna area), Vernon School District #22, Penticton/Naramata School District #67
- Getting around the Okanagan: Kelowna Regional Transit System, Vernon Regional Transit System, Penticton Transit System,
- Okanagan media: Kelowna Daily Courier, Vernon Morning Star, Penticton Herald
- Publications: www.okanaganlife.com, www.absoluteokanagan.ca
From the Newspaper The Guardian, UK – 2016: A wine tour of Canada’s beautiful Okanagan Valley
Hope you like our Info pages that we have picked. Any questions about the Okanagan, please call us. We are here to help.
Move Okanagan www.moveokangan.com
- Mary Ann Lortie
- Christine Fedusiak
- Brian Taylor
- Kim Payne
- The Burton’s
- Carole Davis
- Kent & Marylee Thexton
- Adrian Hartmann
- Jason Crighton
- Cathy Fairbank
- Adriano S.
- M S
- Steve Bullock
- John and Claire Merrall
- W. P.
- Justin Farquhar
- Tony Esposito
- Allison Spencer
- Maria Oakley
- P Ford
- Maria Oakley
- Eric Freeman
- Kathy Obrigewitsch
- Connie and Jeff Thomson
- Anthony Herman
- Kevin Ford
- Sandra Gurney
- Daniel Popescu, Senior VP Wellington West Capital
- Bobbi-Lynn and Dustin Nestor
- Wilma Pretorius Ph.D.
- Peter R.
- Quinn Komant
- Dawn Gorbich
- Paul Greasby
- Ann McKibbin
- Astha & Alex Campbell
- Kevin M