What Are the Most Important Things to Do Before Buying A House?
1. Know your credit score.
2. Have a lender pre-approve you before shopping.
3. Shop the lender.
4. Know every expense.
5. Know what you want.
6. Work with a skilled Realtor that knows your area.
7. Understand the actual value of any property you are buying.
8. Buy what you are comfortable paying for.
9. Verify all information in the listing.
10. Try to see yourself in the home.
11. Use a reputable home inspector.
12. Make sure all renovations are up to code.
13. Be sure you understand any Strata that you will be part of.
14. Look for any water-related problems.
15. Have a professional look for the presence of asbestos, mold, and radon.